ABC's 'The Bachelorette' Hits New Season Highs in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49

ABC's 'The Bachelorette' Hits New Season Highs in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49

Quick Take for Monday, July 15, 2019
(Fast Affiliate Live + Same Day Ratings)

ABC Dominates Monday With ‘The Bachelorette’ and ‘Grand Hotel’

ABC’s ‘The Bachelorette’ Hits Season Highs

‘Grand Hotel’ Posts Double-Digit Gains Week to Week

ABC Monday Prime Time (8:00-11:00 p.m. – 5.3 million and 1.3/7 in AD18-49):
ABC’s lineup with “The Bachelorette” and “Grand Hotel” dominated Monday night, beating 2nd-place NBC with “American Ninja Warrior” and “Dateline” by 23% in Total Viewers (5.3 million vs. 4.3 million) and by 63% in Adults 18-49 (1.3/7 vs. 0.8/4). In addition, ABC delivered its strongest Monday numbers with entertainment programming of the summer.

  • From 8:00-10:00 p.m., ABC’s “The Bachelorette” finished as Monday’s top TV program in Total Viewers (6.4 million) and Adults 18-49 (1.7/8), standing as the night’s No. 1 TV series on each of its 9 telecasts of the season in young adults. Head-to-head in the 2-hour time period, “The Bachelorette” towered over NBC’s “American Ninja Warrior” (4.5 million and 0.9/4) by 1.9 million viewers and by 89% in Adults 18-49. “The Bachelorette” improved for the 2nd straight week in Total Viewers (+7% – 6.4 million vs. 6.0 million) and by double digits in Adults 18-49 (+13% – 1.7/8 vs. 1.5/8), hitting new season highsin both measures. Further, “The Bachelorette” grew by 8% in Total Viewers and by 21% in Adults 18-49 compared to the year-ago “overnight dates” telecast (5.9 million and 1.4/6, respectively, on 7/23/18).

 

  • At 10:00 p.m., ABC’s “Grand Hotel” saw double-digit gains week to week in Total Viewers (+11% – 3.1 million vs. 2.8 million) and Adults 18-49 (+20% – 0.6/3 vs. 0.5/3). In addition, the new ABC drama won its hour in Women 18-34, more than doubled its nearest competition (+133% – 0.7/5 vs. 0.3/2 for NBC’s “Dateline”) and grew 40% week to week to hit a new series high.

Source: The Nielsen Company, Fast Affiliate Live + Same Day Ratings, 7/15/19.

*COPYRIGHT ©2019 American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. All photography is copyrighted material and is for editorial use only. Images are not to be archived, altered, duplicated, resold, retransmitted or used for any other purposes without written permission of ABC. Images are distributed to the press in order to publicize current programming. Any other usage must be licensed. Photos posted for Web use must be at the low resolution of 72dpi, no larger than 2×3 in size.

Contacts
Jeff Lindsey
(818) 460-5095
jeffrey.s.lindsey@disney.com

Pons Rongavilla
(818) 460-5615
ponciano.rongavilla@disney.com

Salima Merchant
(818) 460-6847
salima.merchant@disney.com